The recipe makes up to 10 servings and is ready in just 50 minutes.
The apple is one of the most popular fruits in the world. Also present in juices and desserts, in Brazil, its harvest begins in December and lasts until May. But apples usually fill the gondolas all year round. To innovate and bring the flavor of the fruit to the table in a different way, Tirolez, the largest 100% Brazilian cheese company in the country, learns how to make Apple Cake with Creamy Cheese Cover, a recipe that is even tastier with its creaminess of the cheese.
See below how to prepare it:
Apple cake with cream cheese frosting
– 1 pot Tirolez unsalted butter at room temperature (200 g)
– 3 egg yolks (60 g)
– 1 cup (tea) of sugar (150 g)
– Peel of 1 lemon
– ½ apple finely grated (150 g)
– 2 cups (tea) of wheat flour (220 g)
– 1 pinch of salt
– ½ cup (tea) of orange juice (100 ml)
– 3 egg whites (120 g)
– 1 tablespoon (soup) baking powder (8 g)
– 1 pack of Minas Frescal Tirolez Cream Cheese (220 g)
– 3 tablespoons of sugar (30 g)
– 2 carambola (150 g)
– 2 kiwis (220 g)
– ½ tray of chopped strawberries (100 g)
Method of preparation:
– Grease and flour a mold with a central hole (24 cm in diameter) and preheat the oven to 180°C.
– With the help of a mixer or a fouet (egg beater), beat the Tirolez Saltless Butter, the egg yolks and the sugar until it turns whitish and forms a fluffy cream. Add the lemon zest and apple and mix. Add the flour, salt and orange juice, stir until smooth.
– Beat the egg whites to a stiff peak (firm peak) and using a whisk or the wire of the mixer, add the egg whites and yeast to the mixture, making delicate movements from bottom to top so as not to lose aeration.
– Put it in a mold and take it to the oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool and unmold on a plate.
– While it cools, cover. Using a whisk or a mixer, beat the Minas Frescal Tirolez Cream Cheese with the sugar until it is very homogeneous. Spread over the cake with the help of a spatula and decorate with the fruit.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Learn more by following our social media or visit our website: www.tirolez.com.br
Founded 42 years ago, Tirolez is one of the most traditional dairy brands in the country. With more than 1,900 employees, the company has six factories and a distribution center in São Paulo. Its factories are located in Minas Gerais (Tiros, Arapuá and Carmo do Paranaíba), in São Paulo (Monte Aprazível and Lins) and in Santa Catarina (Caxambu do Sul).
Tirolez products are widely accepted in the Brazilian market due to their high quality and tradition. Such characteristics arise, among other things, from the quality of the milk, the care and affection it gives to its products during all stages of production. The company’s portfolio consists of more than 30 types of products and more than 100 SKUs, which can be found all over Brazil.